The Institute for the Future has predicted that 85% of today’s students will work in jobs that don’t exist yet. Which hints the importance of having a few high-income skills.
The above survey poses a unique challenge. How are you supposed to get trained to do a job if that job doesn’t even exist?
By acquiring the right skills or the qualities you can accomplish whatever you dream of becoming.
Even if the industries are still a twinkle in someone’s eye, the skills necessary to achieve them will still remain the same.
Gone are those days where a college degree was one of the biggest assets to be recognized as successful. And the notion of graduating from topmost colleges is a must for being placed in top tech companies is contradicted now.
Companies like Google and Apple don’t recruit people based on a college degree but on the skills that you have. Having good skill-set is more important than a college degree.you can easily earn money or make money as byproducts if you can solve some problems and add values.
In this article, we’ll be looking at the top 10 high-income skills to keep you making that money even in a changing job market.
1. PROGRAMMER/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Most of the big companies are using Python for their websites, which include Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, and even NASA. So learning this language is definitely a big yes.
- Java is the most demanded computer language even today and developers love java for creating software, games and even Android apps. many big names like LinkedIn,eBay and Amazon are using this language for their backend-development.
- C++ is the favorite code for creating Desktop games, android apps, and software or compiler. You can earn if you can create any digital problem-solving platforms.
- PHP, one of the demanding and frequently used languages in the industry of content management systems like WordPress. Even Facebook, Tumblr, Wikipedia uses PHP. This language will surely serve more in the future and not going to fade away soon.
- If you know many successful apps, particularly those in the Apple and Google stores, are created and marketed by individuals and small businesses. In 2016 independent app developers alone made $20 Billion in app stores.
- Copywriting is nothing but writing advertising promotional content. Copywriters mainly create text or their marketing influenced words finds a place on billboards, advertisements, brochures, websites, etc.
- There is not a single company that does not need marketing or advertisements.
- This is a skill that has to be acquired by reading books and by continuous practice of delivering it.
The best web copywriting tips for copywriters and non-copywriters for newsletters, social media, value propositions, speeches, landing pages, subject lines, and email copy.
It can seem like a lot but take it one step at a time and you’ll begin to see your copy improve.
3. PUBLIC SPEAKING
let’s see some figures before talking. Some of the Top paid speakers in the world.
(All these data may change as per time and are not definite)
1. Tony Robbins
Charges –1 Million Dollars/day
2. Oprah Winfrey
3. Jim Collins
Charges- $1,00,000/ hour
In India, a Motivational speaker can earn from 100-10000 USD or even more for 1 hour/2 hour talk depending on the credibility you have earned. So work on being a credible and knowledgeable person
- If you’re good at something, write a book or write an article about it and publish it. The more people read, the better it is to gain popularity.
- You can start a youtube channel or Instagram TV and try to increase as many followers as possible
- Make a website of your own and publish your videos and articles.
- Initially, you can start speaking for free at small events trying to gain some experience and confidence and widening your horizon of people.
PS: Try doing it with only your domain of interest or what you’re good at.
4. VIDEOS/CONTENT CREATION:
Today is the age of TV and the internet. Every company is trying to put their advertisement in between the commercial shows, Netflix shows and everywhere possible.
Ever looked at a video while watching youtube videos? You can definitely make similar to that and earn money. All you need to do is to learn the software. It includes Adobe, Windows movie maker, Blender and many more.
You can earn now thousands of dollars from creating your own YouTube channel and uploading the your own videos in any niche.
Youtube is Google’s product and also provides several ways to make you a lot of online money.
The following is a report from the New York Times published on March 6, 2019, as per the new report, the number of podcast listeners has increased in recent times to a great extent.
The USA has more demand for podcasts and data says almost half of the USA population have listened to at least one podcast, nearly one out of three-person listens to a podcast every month.
We have also young podcasters in the industries on the rise. Forty percent of people between the ages of 12 and 24 listened to a podcast last month — a 10 percent jump from 2018”.
- Acquire the skill of what takes it to make a good podcast.
- Contact companies and put in their advertisements in between your podcasts and earn money.
6. ONLINE TUTORING
This is something that each and every individual do in their life. If you channelize this skill in the right direction, then you can be earning a lot of money. So how do you do it?
- Develop a deep knowledge of your domain of interests.
- Make videos in the form of courses about the subject.
- Upload those courses to websites like Udemy, Coursera, etc.
- Write ebooks and sell them.
needless to say, if you can develop this high income skills, you can reach out to most audience by sitting at your place and sell your online courses to millions.
7. GROWTH HACKING
Growth hacking is the strategies to acquire as many customers with the least investments. It is mainly focussed to grow your business in a shorter duration with proven marketing techniques.
Growth hacking can be anything lucrative for customers in return for their buying back of the products. It mainly includes marketing strategies implemented on
- Content marketing
- Product marketing
Through blog creation, podcasting, webinars, social media marketing, influencer marketing, giveaways, and many such techniques which results in attracting the attention of new customers.
8. DIGITAL MARKETING CONSULTANCY
Today and the upcoming decades are the most demanding time for the digital era. Most of the big brands and companies are showing their presence on online platforms or trying to get connected with their customers through social media for better relationships. So this is inevitably one of the most demanding high-income skills in the coming years.
- Digital Marketing Efforts Provide Useful Analytics & Data.
Digital Marketing efforts provide measurable results. Each platform provides analytics that can be used to see the demographics of the audience most interested in your efforts. This allows you to see what works best and where your potential customers are to leverage the right platforms.
- Digital Marketing Results in Traffic
Online or offline digital marketing will help your business get people to click through to your website. In addition to the improved search rank, your online visibility and branding will also improve, which will provide recognition and help to increase conversions and referrals.
So what are the skills to learn?
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Campaign marketing
- Data-driven marketing,
- e-commerce marketing,
- Social media marketing
- Social media optimization
- Display advertising
It is the most untouched topic or skill which most of the youth ignore in the early years and think its a matter of above 40 of age. But the earlier you start to invest the probability of becoming a millionaire at a young age is achievable. so this is one of the most valuable high income skills to learn.
- Time is greater than money. Now the reason for being said is time once went can not be brought back unlike time. Once it’s spent, it’s gone. Always try to generate income from multiple sources.
- You don’t need to be a financial expert to invest, but you do need to learn some basic terminology so that you can make good decisions.
- Investing can be harmful and cause the loss of money if done unwisely.
- Learn the differences between stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, and Certificate of Deposits (CDs).
- Learning topics like portfolio optimization, diversification, market efficiency will help you to map the market easily.
- Read books written by successful investors such as Warren Buffet.
- Above all, remember that the greatest investment that you can do is in yourself
- Do your maths properly and invest your time accordingly.
10. E-MAIL MARKETING
Email marketing is sending commercial intent messages to a group of interested people using emails. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust and brand awareness.
If utilized properly, Email marketing can be the best tool among your high income skills list and give you recurring income.
Now how it will help you is suppose you run a successful blog and you have a list of readers’ emails. As a result, next time if you have to sponsor a product or want to sell your own product there is a high chance of selling your product to a large number of your audience. Email marketing has the best conversion rate and you get loyal and paying customers through this.
Learn how to write emails. These include
- The clear, direct subject line
- Including a Signature block
- Using exclamation points sparingly
- Using Classic fonts
- Avoiding shortcuts
Your email is a reflection of you. The better the emails you write, the better the chances of attracting customers, the better the chances of earning.
We should not forget that Rome was not built in a day and expect the results overnight.
It requires continuous hard work, determination, and patience to achieve any of the skillsets.
To channelize your time wisely, be persistent and achieve the right kind of high income skills as per your interests.